Mandy Moore debuts new haircut amid Ryan Adams accusations

Mandy Moore is ready to move on after joining a group of women who leveled various abuse allegations against her ex-husband Ryan Adams.

The “This Is Us” star, 34, told Access Hollywood on Friday that weeks after the exposé published by the New York Times last month — where she and six other women claimed that the musician was emotionally abusive and sexually exploitive — it was time for a change.

“The last couple weeks have been emotionally turbulent in a way and I think there is something significant about shedding dead weight and moving forward,” she said of her chop.

In the Times article, she admitted to feeling controlled and manipulated by Adams, to whom she was married for seven years.

“He would always tell me, ‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument,’” she told the Times.

Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams
Mandy Moore and Ryan Adams in 2012Getty Images

Nearly a month after she spoke out against him, Moore, who married musician Taylor Goldsmith in November, told Access Hollywood how encouraged and inspired she felt by the support of other women.

“I had no idea about the amount of support that I would receive,” she said, adding, “I think we all felt really believed,” when speaking of the other women who came forward in the Times article.

Other accusers include a woman who claims that career conversations with Adams would turn sexual when she was 14 and his former fianceé Megan Butterworth said the musician tried to emotionally isolate her and control her career. Rising country star Phoebe Rogers also alleged he was more concerned with starting a sexual relationship with her than helping her career when it came to working with her.

“I’m happy that women specifically that have perhaps been in abusive situations of any form feel seen and heard and recognized,” Moore said. “That’s what I was most surprised about by speaking out; other women were like, ‘Thank you, I’m encouraged to come forward now.’”

Adams called the Times story “upsettingly inaccurate” in a statement to Page Six.

“I am not a perfect man and I have made many mistakes. To anyone I have ever hurt, however unintentionally, I apologize deeply and unreservedly,” the statement read. “But the picture that this article paints is upsettingly inaccurate. Some of its details are misrepresented; some are exaggerated; some are outright false.”

He has canceled his tour and is currently under investigation by the FBI.

Source link

Related Fashion From Mandy Moore debuts new haircut amid Ryan Adams accusations