New York Times is not banned from Vanity Fair Oscars party

Tensions between Vanity Fair and the New York Times didn’t thaw over the weekend — but the battle should blow over by next year’s Oscars, we’re told.

On Friday, Vanity Fair revoked the Times’ invitation to its starry Oscars party after the Gray Lady published a critical write-up about the bash.

Insiders thought Vanity Fair Editor-in-Chief Radhika Jones might step in and reinstate the invitation.

She did not.

We’re told there was nobody from the Times at the bash.

Its reporter Ben Widdicombe, who had been planning to cover that party as well as the Governors Ball, ended up covering only the latter.

But a source said it doesn’t mean they won’t be welcome in the future.

Insiders told Page Six come Monday morning that “there’s always next year” — and that this year’s dis-invitation is by no means a ban.

Reps did not comment.

The Times had run afoul of the Condé Nast title with a scathing story — titled “It Was the Hottest Oscar Night Party. What Happened?” — that said the Vanity Fair party had lost its mojo by, in part, securing too many sponsors for the event, and via competition from other after-parties like Jay-Z’s.

Source link

Related Fashion From New York Times is not banned from Vanity Fair Oscars party